- BioEntry Plus
- BioEntry W
- BioLite Net
BioConnect C-CURE Deep Embed provides a simple, flexible, and easily deployable biometric enrolment tab into CCURE software UI.
This guide will walk you through the pre-requisites and key features of the BioConnect Enterprise C-CURE Deep Embed Application.
BioConnect C-CURE Deep Embed supports multiple biometric hardware options. Customer can choose from a wide range of multi-factor readers such as fingerprint, card and PIN.
Currently following devices can be enabled by Deep Embed:
- BioEntry Plus
- BioEntry W
- BioLite Net
- BioStation 2
- BioEntry W2
This chapter specifies the minimum and recommended hardware and software requirements for BioConnect Enterprise C-CURE Deep Embed installation. Before you can install BioConnect Enterprise, ensure that you have met all the hardware and software requirements and database configurations requirement.
- Internet Explorer 10 or above must be installed to run C-CURE Deep Embed application.
- If using Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, the BioConnect Enterprise setup requires that you have administrative privileges.
- All prerequisite software in the BioConnect Enterprise installation package must be installed.
- Adobe Reader is not required but highly recommended as you need it to read the BioConnect Enterprise documentation.
- In order to activate your BioConnect Deep-Embed, your CCURE license must contain the following key: 'BioCNCT'. Please verify that your license contains this feature in order to launch the Deep-Embed.
|CPU||x64-capable dual core processor with speeds of 2.4 GHz or more||x64-capable quad core processor with speeds of 2.7 GHz or more|
|HDD||10 GB||30 GB|
|RAM||4 GB||8 GB|
|OS||Windows 7; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows 8/8.1; Windows 10; Windows Server 2012/R2; Windows Server 2016||Windows Server 2012 R2|
|Database||SQL Server 2008 R2 Express/Standard or above (SQL Server 2008 R2 Express is included for free with BioConnect Enterprise); SQL Server 2016 Express/Standard|
|Installed Features||C-CURE 2.6 and above (CCURE license must contain the following key: 'BioCNCT'); BioConnect 4.2 and above; Internet Explorer 10; .Net Framework 3.5; 4.0 and above; RabbitMQ 3.6.10; Erlang OTP 19 (8.2)|
|Firewall: Open Ports Required||TCP/UDP Ports 8139 (Server); 5672 (RabbitMQ); 8001 (Gen 1); 51212 (Gen2); 1003 (Digitus)|
1. In the C-CURE Administration application, click Personnel in the Navigation Pane.
2. Choose Personnel from the drop-down list in the Personnel pane and click Enter (green arrow button) to view the default Personnel Dynamic View listing all Personnel records
3. Select the user you would like to enroll biometrics
4. Select “BioConnect Enrollment View” option in the Current View drop down menu
5. Navigate to “BioConnect” tab
User Information Section captures basic user information such as Full Name and C-CURE object ID.
Finger Enrollment Section is where all biometrics are captured. To enroll a fingerprint:
1. Choose the minimum acceptable quality score for the enrollment
2. Choose which reader you would like to enroll from (NOTE: Only online enrollment devices will be available in the drop down menu).
3. Choose which finger you would like to enroll
4. Click [Enroll]
The enrollment process will ask you to place your finger 3 times. Ensure that you lift your finger up off the scanner between each scan. Doing this allows for more unique data points to be captured and creates a higher quality enrollment.
It is critical for the success of the system that good enrollments are captured. Below is an example of a good enrollment:
WARNING: Placing your fingers too low on the scanner, or not placing the finger flat create poor enrollments. These will lead to low success rates and could also increase the possibility of a False Accept (Having a fingerprint show up as another cardholder). Although this is extremely unlikely, having a high volume of poor fingerprints (Fingertips) in the software can lead to issues as fingertips do not have as much unique data as the middle of the finger. Always ensure that you are capturing the best fingerprints possible during the enrollment phase. These enrollments are going to be the basis for all fingerprint matching going forward.
Bypass card allows the selected card to be accepted by the reader without a biometric verification. If the reader is configured for Card + Finger, this will allow the card to gain access immediately without a biometric verification. This is a useful feature for people who are not going to be enrolled, or people who have not enrolled yet but still need access.
NOTE: Unchecked Valid Credential indicates invalid status (e.g. lost/stolen/disabled) of the selected bypass card.
In this section, user can view enrolled templates- in the example below, you can see the ridges of the fingerprints have been properly captured. User can also delete any existing templates by clicking the red “x” button.
Data displayed here will inform you of the current enrollment status (enrollment started/success/failure). You can also choose to view the full event log by clicking “View All Events”.
BioConnect provides event updates to C-CURE journaling in real time manner. Following events will be captured and displayed in C-CURE journal list:
|Event||Example of message displayed|
|Enrollment Success||“Successful enrollment for (John Smith) by (Admin Name)”|
|Enrollment Failure||“Failed enrollment for (John Smith) by (Admin Name)”|
|Select Card Bypass||“Bypass Card selected by (Admin Name)”|
|Delete Template||“(John Smith) Templates deleted by (Admin Name)”|
Follow steps below to view BioConnect events in C-CURE journal:
1. In the C-CURE Administration application, click Options and Tools in the Navigation Pane.
2. Choose Journals from the sub-list in the Options and Tools pane and click run to view the C-CURE Journal.
In the following table, you will find a few possible errors of C-CURE deep embed application and how to resolve them.
|"Failed to connect to the BioConnect service. Please contact your administrator for assistance."||Validate http schema, ip address and port value in C-CURE Configuration file|
|"Access to the BioConnect service was denied. Please contact your administrator for assistance."||Validate client id and client secrete in C-CURE Configuration file|
|"There was a problem receiving data from the BioConnect service. Please contact your administrator for assistance."||Ensure server settings are entered and valid, then try to select “Connect to Server” option again.|
|"Failed to apply server settings to all V1/V2 devices"||Check and make sure BioConnect API service is running properly on the backend|
An English language license is required to activate the BioConnect Deep-Embed. You can still activate the BioConnect without an English language license by following these steps:
1. Stop CCURE Services from the “Server Configuration” screen
2. Log into the CCURE ACVScore Database
3. Navigate to the Access.License table
4. See that the “Name” column has the word “License” displayed and not any other value
5. Change the value in the “Name” column to “License”
6. Save the changes
7. Restart the CCURE services in “Server Configuration”
Telephone support is available Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM Eastern to assist with installing, configuring and troubleshooting the BioConnect Enterprise. The technical support team is well versed to assist integrators both during the planning or post sales stages.
The goal of the BioConnect team is to make the software as easy as possible to install and configure. If an unexpected problem occurs or if you would like some guidance, please don’t hesitate to reach out using one of the contact methods listed below: