If your BioConnect certificate expires or you have duplicate certificates, you may see one of the following errors in the BioConnect console:
To troubleshoot this issue, you must do the following:
• Run mmc by typing "mmc" into your Windows Search Bar and selecting the program as shown:
Or by opening the command prompt and typing “mmc” and clicking enter:
• Click [File] > [Add/Remove Snap-in]
• Click on [Certificates] > [Add]
• Click on [My user account] > [Finish]
• Expand [Certificates- Current User] > [Trusted People] > [Certificates]
• If there is a duplicate BioConnect certificate, delete it and run the console to see if the issue is now fixed.
• If not, check to see if there is an expired BioConnect certificate. If there is, delete it.
- You must then create a new, valid certificate. This can be done manually or by running through the BioConnect Setup Assistant again.
To create a certificate manually, follow these steps:
• Run ‘SelfCert’ as administrator
(NOTE: If you don't have SelfCert, download it from the following link:
• When adding the BioConnect, remember the X.500 Distinguished name should always be “cn=BioConnect” and is case-sensitive
• Change the validity date to meet 5 years expectation
• Select [LocalMachine] in “Location” field and [Trusted people] in “Store” field
• Click [Save]
• Run the Console Window again and verify the errors are resolved