Before the release of BioStar 2.3, there were only 4 operator levels for users. There functions were limited to their roles as shown below:
- Administrator : full privileges over all operations
- User Operator : only full privileges to edit users
- Monitoring Operator : only full privileges over the monitoring page
- Mobile User : only privilege to read all menus.
In BioStar 2.3, the feature to create custom administrators was introduced. You can add a custom administrator at Settings > ACCOUNT.
Below is a sample scenario where we will create a custom administrator that can only edit users and the T&A menu.
1. Click on Setting > ACCOUNT.
2. Click ADD CUSTOM LEVEL.
3. Type in a name for the custom level.
4. Click on Edit for User and Time & Attendance for the operating level.
5. Select a user to use this custom level by clicking on + Add.
6. Now if you check the user in the USER tab, you will see that this user has the custom Operator Level. Create a Login ID and Password for the user. Click Apply.
7. Log out and log in as your new custom admin user.
8. You will see that this user only has full access and privilege for the USER and TIME & ATTENDANCE menu.