BioStar Software License
BioStar software license allows you to activate BioStar's standard edition features without its USB dongle. The software license is supported by BioStar 1.62 or later. This document shows how to deal with possible error messages you might encounter after activating the software license.
-24 = INITIALIZATION: DRIVER FAILED OR BUSY
You get the above error message when the CrypKey License service is not properly running. You need to make sure that you've installed the service as an administrator privilege:
1. Go to the C:\Program Files\BioStar\Server\Support\CrypKey License Service\SetupEx.exe folder and run SetupEx.exe as an administrator privilege.
2. Please restart your PC after applying.
-118 = THIS OPERATION IS ONLY ALLOWED WHILE RUNNING LOCAL MODE, NOT DRIVESHARE CLIENT MODE
When you try to issue BioStar software license onto a remote PC, you will get the above error message because you do not have sufficient privileges. This also can happen when you've installed the CrypKey License service with an account that does not have administrator privilege.
You can perform the following steps to resolve this issue:
1. You need to increase the access permission levels of a remote access tool to the highest. If there is no such option in the tool, ask your customer (local account user) to directly issue BioStar software license from his or her computer.
2. If the first step does not solve the problem, perform the following steps:
1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and stop the CrypKey License service.
2) Go to Start > Run and enter CMD to run the command line window. Enter sc delete “CrypKey License”.
3) Go to the C:\Program Files\BioStar\Server\Support\CrypKey License Service\SetupEx.exe folder and run SetupEx.exe as an administrator privilege.
4) Restart your PC.
5) Issue Site Code.