You can transfer user data from the device to the BioStar client and vice versa.
1. Go to the User page and click Manage Users in Device. This brings up the Select Target Device dialog.
2. Choose a device in the left pane, select users in the right pane and click Get from Device.
1) The Template Num field indicates how many fingerprints and duress fingerprints are registered.
For instance, 1 (0) indicates that one fingerprint and one duress fingerprint are registered for the user.
2) The Template field indicates that the total number of fingerprints and fingerprint templates registered for users. For instance, 2 (4) indicates a total of two fingerprints and four fingerprint templates are registered for users. As you can see, there are two users and each user has one fingerprint. And given that a user registers two fingerprint templates for one finger, it is obvious that there are a total of four templates in this example.
Same Users indicates that the user stored in the device is same as the one stored in the server database.
Different Users indicates that the user stored in the device is not same as the one stored in the server database.
New User indicates that the user stored in the device does not exist in the server database. Whether a user exists in the server database is decided by looking at the user's ID.
3. Close the dialog to complete the user data retrieval process.
How to transmit user data stored in the BioStar database to the device
1. Go to the User page and click Transfer All Users to Device.
2. Choose a device to which you want to transmit user data in the left pane and select users that you want to transmit in the right pane. Set the overwriting option if you want to overwrite the existing users in the device. Then, click Transfer to device.