For BioStar Versions 2.0~2.2.2
When you forgot the login password for the BioStar2 administrator account, you may initialize the administrator password back to the default password. This process will requires you to install DB Browser for SQLite. You can download this application from the following website at http://sqlitebrowser.org.
Please download and install the package that compatible with your current operating system.
1. Run DB Browser for SQLite.
2. Open existing BioStar2 database by selecting Open Database menu. The default location for BioStar2 db is C:\Program Files (x86)\BioStar 2\db\biostar2.db.
3. Please go to the Execute SQL tab to run the following SQL query statement.
This will reinitialize an administrator password to “admin” which was the default admin password.
1) Type the following query in the query editor.
UPDATE T_USR SET PW="D0TCsGaK2r257qdAydJ6yrmG4mrmST2G4bT5Fz0aIeE=" WHERE USRID=1;
2) Press button or F5 to execute the query statement.
4. Click Write Changes button to save the changes.
5. Open BioStar2 Client web site and please enter admin for both ID and password.
For BioStar Versions 2.3.0 and higher
The bat. script below resets the default administrator of BioStar 2.
1. Download the attached file.
2. Extract the file.
3. Run the file with administrative privileges.
4. Follow the instructions in the script.