In BioStar 2.4.1, the following security measures will be introduced (2017 Q2):
External access to Maria DB is blocked by default
Only Administrator account for Maria DB is the 'root' account
However this setting is not applied automatically if you are upgrading BioStar 2 from another lower version and if you are using any BioStar 2 version lower than 2.4.1
Blocking Remote Access
Maria DB can be accessed via the IP of the hosting PC by default. You may want to limit the access of the database to be only on the hosting PC for security reasons. In that case you can follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the path below in Windows explorer:
C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\ta\mariadb-10.1.10-winx64
2. Right click and edit my.cnf with a text editor such as Notepad.
3. Copy and paste the text below into the file:
4. Save the file.
Now you can only access the Maria database at the hosted PC.
Changing the Default Password
If you install BioStar 2 with the express install, a default administrator account will be created for the AC and TA database. Account information is as shown below:
The AC DB is Maria DB starting BioStar 2.3. In previous versions it was a SQLite DB.
Follow the instructions below to change the password of the default accounts.
1. Download HeidiSql
2. Install and run HeidiSQL.
3. Enter the information below on Settings:
Password: [your root password]
4. Click Open.
5. Click Tools > User Manager.
6. Click on each default users (biostar2_ac_user & biostartnauser) and change the password.
7. Click Save.
Localhost : connection via 127.0.0.1 or localhost
% : connection via host PC IP