The root password is configured when you install BioStar 2.3 and above. If you forgot your root password, you can reset it by following the instructions below.
Note: Please use a Windows administrator account to proceed.
1. Run BioStar Setting.
2. Stop all services.
3. Click on the Windows Start menu.
4. Type services.msc.
5. Press enter.
6. Double click on BioStar 2 MariaDB(x64).
7. Click Stop to stop the service.
8. Press OK.
9. Click on the Windows Start menu.
10. Type notepad and press enter.
11. In the notepad, enter the following information.
* enter your new password in 'new_password'
|SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('new_password');|
12. Click File.
13. Click Save as.
14. Type mysql-init as the file name.
15. Click Save to save and save at desktop.
16. Copy the file from the desktop to the C drive.
17. Click on the Windows Start menu.
18. Type in cmd.exe .
19. Right click and click run as administrator.
20. Type the following information:
|cd C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\ta\mariadb-10.1.10-winx64\bin|
|cd C:\Program Files\BioStar 2(x64)\ta\mariadb-10.1.10-win32\bin|
*If your BioStar is installed in a different drive, change the C to your drive name
21. Press enter.
22. Type the following information:
23. Press enter.
Starting process... message will appear if you are successful
24. Wait 1 minute.
25. Close the command prompt.
26. Restart the server PC.
* If you do not restart the server PC, Maria DB service will fail to restart.
27. Log in to your Maria DB management client to see that the root log in works.
Refer to the following link to learn how to access your Maria DB (you can also use MySQL Workbench if you have that installed)
You can find more detailed information about resetting your Maria DB password in the External Link