When you cannot start BioConnect services through .bat file or manually through services window because of a service timeout.
Follow these steps to extend service timeout.
Note these steps affect ALL services on the server, and a server reboot is required after changes have been made.
- Open Regedit and run as administrato
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
**Note**: If the ServicesPipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type 120000, and then click OK. This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
- Restart the computer.