There may be several reasons why you would like to know the MAC address of a Suprema device:
You do not have a DHCP server and need to give IP address based on a MAC address
You do not know the IP of your device and are having difficulty searching it through BioStar’s search function
You are using static IP but are unsure if you have already allocated the IP address to another device.
Methods to Check the MAC Address
1. Finding IP and MAC addresses of all devices on the local network:
Type ‘arp –a’ on a command prompt
2. Finding a device’s MAC address based on IP address:
Type ‘arp –a [ip address] on a command prompt
Checking Device IP Address Based on the Device ID
If you would like to find the device’s IP based on the MAC address you can follow the steps below.
1. Check your device ID written on the device label on the back of the device.
2. Change the device ID into hexadecimal numbers. One option is to use Windows’ Calculator.
3. Open Windows Calculator and press alt + 3 to change to the programmer’s calculator.
4. Select Dec and input the device ID.
5. Click Hex. Result is 20471BC5. This is going to be the latter half of the MAC address.
6. Check the MAC address chart below to see what the first half of the MAC address will be.
7. My device is an A2, so the MAC address will start with 00-17-FC-47-XX-XX.
8. Hence my MAC should be 00-17-FC-47-1B-C5.
9. Open a command prompt and type arp –a.
10. Search for the device’s MAC address on the list.
11. My device IP is 192.168.16.104.
Suprema Device MAC Address Chart
Suprema devices have the same fixed hexadecimal digit for the first six digits.
The two digits after 00-17-FC are different based on the device model. Please refer to the chart below.