In this document, we would like to introduce how to use Lift I/O in BioStar. Lift I/O is used to control access to the floors serviced by an elevator. This is carried out by wiring the Lift I/O and Suprema devices, so that Suprema devices determines and sends signal to Lift I/O whether or not the user can be accessed and which floors can be selected. Please note that Lift I/O is compatible with Xpass, Xpass Slim, BioEntry Plus and BioEntry W only.
Lift I/O and devices are connected by RS485 cable. Please see the actual wiring below.
Adding the Lift I/O in BioStar
1. On the Device tab, right-click the Suprema device you want and click Add Device (Serial).
Setting the Lift I/O in BioStar
1. On the Lift tab, select Add New Lift from the task pane. Right-click the New Lift and click Add Reader to add Suprema device.
2. Now you have successfully added Suprema device as a reader.
3. Assign floors to selected Lift I/O outputs. One Lift I/O has total 12 outputs, that is, one Lift I/O is capable of handling 12 floors. Simply uncheck the Not use box and assign floors to each output.
In this example, we will use [Output 00] to [Output 04].
[Output 00] → First Floor
[Output 01] → Second Floor
[Output 02] → Third Floor
[Output 03] → Forth Floor
[Output 04] → Fifth Floor
5. Click Manage Users in Task pane.
6. Select a user and assign floors.
In this example below, user “Chorong Lee” is allowed only floor 1 to 3. This user is not allowed to gain access on floor 4 and 5. After assigning the floor, click Transfer to Device to transfer the users.
7. When placing card/fingerprint of the user “Chorong Lee”, only three lights are turned on.