Fail to read Parameters means that you are unable to communicate with the device from the software.
Some potential causes of this to occur could be:
- Server IP address has changed- causing the device to become disconnected
- The device IP address has changed
- The device is unplugged
- Device isn't powered up
- IP conflict (two IP based products competing for the same IP lease)
How can you trouble shoot?
- Check to see if you can ping the device
- Check to see if the device is occupying a new IP address by running an arp -a search (the device will have a physical address of 00-17-FC
- If you can see the device and ping it try reconnecting with it in the software by right clicking and hitting device reconnect
- Ensure the device is connected and powered up
- Find out if anything has changed on the network or if the IP address of the server computer has changed- common causes of this would be software updates on the server that causes it to restart and adopt a new IP
- Confirm with IT that the switch or router that the device is plugged into can communicate back to the server
- If you are able to confirm this then right click on the device and "remove device"
- Try to add the device back into the software where by clicking the device tab "add new device"-> "TCP/IP"-> "UDP"