Most readers have built in card modules that allow for dual authentication. It is important to note the type of card module your reader has as well as your card type and wiegand format. Some card formats are proprietary while most use a generic bit structure that you can setup in BioStar.
If you place the card on the reader and you get no response, first check the chart below to compare the product code with your card type. If they do not match up, you need to purchase a different card type for that reader or a different reader for that card type.
Reader Operation Mode Not Set Correctly
Symptoms: This is typically indicated by no response when the card is presented at the reader.
- The Reader should always be set to normal and NOT wiegand in card reading mode. One exception is with ICLASS cards when the Secure ID is set at the reader type.
- The printed badge number will generally match the number being shown in the BioStar card tab
- If the card number looks unfamiliar, confirm in the device tab that the readers have been set to Normal or Secure ID and not Wiegand.
- Wiegand Mode should be set as Legacy - there are many types of wiegand formats used. Common formats include 26 Bit Standard, 35 Bit Corp 1000, and 37 Bit H10304.
- 26 bit Standard is the default card format within BioStar. This means you should immediately be able to read your cards out of the box. Other wiegand formats need to be configured through the “Change Format” box. Please note that some proprietary and formats may not be compatible. Please contact our support team if you have any questions regarding card formats.
Custom Card Type Required
Symptoms: This is generally indicated by incorrect information being stored in the BioStar software (wrong card number), or a rejection on the reader after the card has been successfully registered in BioStar.
- All Suprema readers are set to 26 bit Standard wiegand format by default. If the card format is different than 26 bit, this must be configured at the reader before the card information can be stored and work properly.
- BioConnect Support has some card types on file and they can help configure the readers using the custom card format option.
Adding a Facility Code to 26 Bit
Click Change Format > Next, until you reach the Alternative Value window.
Adding a Facility Code to Another Format
Follow the instructions above – except you will add the FC code into the Alt. Value Box.