This article shows how to add a device into BioStar 1.
First, make sure that your device is compatible with BioStar 1. Please refer to this article for device compatibilities.
Searching for Your Device
- If your device is already configured to connect to your server, click Refresh and it will appear.
- If your device is fresh out of the box, it will be in DHCP mode and not in server matching mode. If you are trying to add a previously configured device, make sure that it is not in server matching mode. In this case, also ensure that it is connected to the network your server is on. If you are trying to add a device in a different subnet, you may want to contact your network administrator for assisstance.
- When you are ready, click Add Device in the task pane.
- Make sure LAN is selected and click Next.
- If your device is in the same subnet as your server, select the UDP checkbox.
- If your device or devices are in different VLANs or subnets, then please use a TCP search and enter the IP range and port based on model type.
- Before searching, also make sure that you have no firewalls or antivirus software blocking device ports. To learn how to do so, refer to this article.
- Click Next.
- Your device should show up here.
- If it doesn't, click Back and try searching again. If it still doesn't show up, go through the troubleshooting steps in this article.
- Select the device next to Device ID.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
Configuring Server Matching Mode
- In order to configure your device so that it connects to your server, first click on its Network tab.
- This page will look slightly different from device to device, but you will always be able to configure its IP and server settings. This screenshot is for a BioEntry W.
- Select Use beside Server.
- Enter your server IP. Enter port 1480 for version 1 devices and 51212 for version 2 devices.
- Click Apply.