Wiegand Ground Wire Not Connected
Symptoms: Broken or inconsistent wiegand/ no wiegand being received from the panel.
- The wiegand ground wire must be connected to the reader port; this is required for Suprema products. Generally the 12VDC negative on the reader port is where this wire will need to be connected.
Wiegand Output Field Not Selected
Symptoms: No wiegand being received from the panel.
- By default, Suprema readers do not output Wiegand. This is set in the Wiegand Output tab of the device in BioStar.
- Select either User or Card from the Wieigand Input/Output dropdown
- User will send the “User ID” while Card witll send the “Card ID” when a fingerprint is verified
- Click Apply – The reader will now send wiegand data when there is a successful identification/verification at the reader.