Wiegand Ground Wire Not Connected
Symptoms: Broken or inconsistent wiegand/ no wiegand being received from the panel.
- The wiegand ground wire must be connected to the reader port; this is required for Suprema products.
If there is no wiegand ground input port on your panel, you can tie the wiegand ground wire into the power negative or shielded ground.
Wiegand Output Field Not Selected
Symptoms: No wiegand being received from the panel.
- By default, Suprema readers do not output Wiegand. This is set in the Wiegand Output tab of the device in BioStar.
- Select either User or Card from the Wieigand Input/Output dropdown
- User will send the “User ID” while Card witll send the “Card ID” when a fingerprint is verified. If you choose Card ID, please ensure you have assigned a card number to each user in the software.
- Click Apply – The reader will now send wiegand data when there is a successful identification/verification at the reader.