SD 5331 "How to change Server Time Change"
This document outlines the steps to change the server time. Note that in certain environments this will require coordination with your IT team to accomplish.
This is ONLY a temporary measure to address critical issues impacted by time. It is NOT BioConnect's recommendation that this customer permanently changes this item.
- Changing the Time can have impact on other systems double check with your system administrator prior to making changes.
- Most Server Machines will automatically pick up on time changes. Ensure that you connect with your system administrators to ensure that automatic reboots and time changes are disabled temporarily.
- This is especially important to confirm with Virtual Machines
How to do Change the Server Time:
Step 1: Adjust the Server Time
- Login into the Server that is running the BioConnect Application.
- Locate the date and time settings in the bottom right hand corner.
- Once Opened select Change date and time settings
- In the middle of the page there is a "Change date and time..."
- This will open a calendar screen. Set the date to January 1st 2018 and select OK.
- Note that on different windows Operating Systems
- Once ok ensure that the settings have taken affect in the bottom right hand corner.
- To complete the process, stop the BioConnect Services and restart them.
Step 2: Validate Changes at the Application Server are Sucessful
- After the BioConnect Application Server has been restarted login into the BioConnect Client.
- In the BioConnect client select the Monitoring option.
- 3.6 BioConnect Version
- 4.0 BioConnect Versions
- At this point authenticate at the reader(s) with the methods used (Card + Fingerprint, Fingerprint etc.)
- Confirm that the monitoring window that users authenticate successfully via the monitoring window.
- Note that some of the messages will be different depending on the style of authentication method.
- BioConnect 3.6 Versions
- BioConnect 4.0 Versions