This article shows how to navigate basic features of the BioConnect Enterprise software including:
- Dashboard screen
- Configuring administrators
- The Dashboard allows you to see a system overview as well as access the quick enrollment, user management, and device management tabs. The buttons at the bottom of the dashboard correspond to the options displayed in the side menu.
- The system overview allows you to see information about your users and devices.
- The password for the root level administrator Entertech can be changed by clicking on the menu icon and then configuration.
- Type your new password in the password and confirm password boxes and then click Save.
- To create more admins, first click on User Management in the Side Menu.
- Find the user that you want to give administrator privileges and click on the plus next to their name.
- Click on the Administration tab.
- Here, you can assign the user a username and password for login as well as designate which locations they can access. If you want to give your admin access to all locations, click the Select All checkbox.
- Select BioConnect Software Administrator if you want to give the user admin privileges in BioConnect. Admins are able to access the entirety of the BioConnect software, but they will only be able to view devices that are assigned to the locations selected on the right.
- Select Device Administrator if you want to give the user the ability to log into the on-screen menus of devices with LED screens. This privilege should be restricted to network administrators.
- To save your settings, click Save Login.
- BioConnect and your ACM must be in sync so that users are able to authenticate correctly. BioConnect syncs with your ACM automatically every 5 minutes; you can see the most recent sync time at the bottom of the program.
- However, this sync only updates changes in BioConnect made in the last 5 minutes. In case a sync is missed during the day, BioConnect automatically syncs every change from the last 24 hours every day at 3 am.
- If you need to sync all events from earlier than the past 24 hours, you can do so in the menu.
- Click on Synchronize Users.
- Select the date you want to sync changes from and then click Start. Beware that with a large volume of users, syncing long periods of time can eat up time and memory.
- In order for your devices to work based on what is configured in BioConnect, they must also be synced. This is done automatically every morning at 4 am; this updates the devices with all information in BioConnect.
- If you need to sync manually, you can do it from the menu.
- Go to Synchronize Devices and then select an option.