This article shows how to obtain and expand BioConnect licenses.
Please ensure to submit your request for a license at least 48 hours before you go onsite to install BioConnect software.
- To request a license, first go to bioconnect.com/activate in your browser.
- Fill out and submit the requested information in the form. Make sure all information is accurate, or the process will be delayed
- BioConnect will email you your activation code in 24-48 hours.
Online License Activation
- You can setup an online activation with your activation code. To do so, click online activation in the third step of the BioConnect setup assistant.
- Enter the activation ID you received in your email. Enter the full number of devices your license is for, even if you will be using less currently. Otherwise, you may have to go through the setup assistant again later.
- Click Activate.
Offline License Activation
- For an offline license, please email the MAC address of the computer your server will be running from as well as the activation ID you received from BioConnect to [email protected] Make sure to ask for an offline license.
- To find your MAC address, open command prompt and type getmac.
- Find the device your server will be using and find the physical address. In my case, it's the second last one, since that's the only device online.
- You will receive an email with a .bin file attached. Save the file somewhere on your computer.
- Click Offline Activation.
- Click "click here to browse for license file".
- Find your file and click open.
- Click Activate.
Expand Existing License
- If you want to expand an existing license, make sure you do it at least 48 hours before you want to start using the new devices.
- First, go to bioconnect.com/activate in your browser.
- Click Add Devices.
- Fill out the information on the left. Make sure that everything is accurate, or the process will be delayed. In order to find your existing system Activation ID , Please refer to the article How to find System Activation ID in BioConnect
- Note that we will only accept hardware receipts of devices purchased from our partners. If you purchased the device from elsewhere, we cannot issue you a license.
- Click submit.
- BioConnect will email you a new activation code in 24-48 hours. To learn how to activate online and offline licenses, read the instructions above.