This article shows how to add doors, door groups, and devices to doors as well as basic door configuration in BioStar 1.
Adding a Door
- You can either add a door by right click on Doors and selecting Add Door or by selecting Add New Door in the Task pane.
- You can add a name and description your door.
- Click Apply in the bottom right corner of the window to save your settings.
Adding Door Groups
- To add a door group, right click Doors in the left pane, select Add Doors Group, and name your group.
- To add a door to a group, select the door and drag it into the group.
Adding a Device to a Door
- To add a device to your door, right click on your door in the Doors pane and click Add Device.
- Select the device that you want to add and click OK.
- Doors can be configured under the Details tab.
- To select which device’s ports to use, use the IO Device dropdown menu.
- Under Door Relay, select Relay 0 unless you are using a Secure IO. If you are using one, refer to this article.
- To determine which wire to use for the door relay, please refer to the installation guide of your device. Installation guides of Suprema readers can be found here.
- In the Exit Button dropdown, you can select which input to use for the exit button. Again, please refer to the installation guide to determine which wires to use.
- Again, make sure to select the correct switch type based on the polarity of your mag lock or door strike.
- If you aren’t using an exit button, you can select Disable from the dropdown menu.
- You can use the Unlock Time or Lock Time menus to select times at which doors will be always unlocked or always locked.
- The Door Open Period is how long the door will stay open after it is unlocked by a user
- and the Door Open Alarm is how much time will pass before an alarm goes off if the door is held open. If this value is set to 0, the alarm will never go off.
- Click Apply to save your settings.