This article shows how to use the BioConnect Networking Tool. To download the tool and its manual, please click here.
- The Networking tool will open in your browser. It will only run in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
- To search for devices, you have two options.
- The UDP search will search your entire subnet.
- The TCP search allows you to search a range of IP addresses. If you are trying to find a device in a different subnet or want to search a specific IP, you should use this search.
- Make sure to input your device's port by selecting an option in the Device Type dropdown menu.
- When you are ready, click Start Search.
- To configure a device's settings, click on it.
- When you are finished configuring the device's settings, click Apply Changes.
- If you receive a message that the settings were not changed, try changing them once more.
- To check that your device's settings have been changed correctly, search for it again. Make sure to sue an appropriate search based on the settings you have the device.
- If your device doesn't show up, it might still be applying your changes. In this case, wait and search again and it should appear.
- To check your device's settings, click on it.
If the Server Port Isn't Changing
- Sometimes, server ports will not change to what you input. As a workaround, change both the device port and server port to what you want the server port to be.
- Click Apply Changes.
- Now, the device and server port will be the same. You can change the device port back to what it should be in BioConnect Enterpise. To learn how to do this, refer to this article.
- If your device's setting still aren't changing, you will want to try using BioStar to edit device settings.