Requesting a License: 0:10
Online Licensing: 0:39
Offline Licensing: 1:06
Expanding a License: 1:55
Please ensure to submit your request for a license at least 48 hours before you go onsite to install BioConnect software.
- To request a license, first go to bioconnect.com/activate in your browser.
- Fill out and submit the requested information in the form. Make sure all information is accurate, or the process will be delayed
- BioConnect will email you your activation code in 24-48 hours.
Online License Activation
- You can setup an online activation with your activation code. To do so, click online activation in the third step of the BioConnect setup assistant.
- Enter the activation ID you received in your email. Enter the full number of devices your license is for, even if you will be using less currently. Otherwise, you may have to go through the setup assistant again later.
- Click Activate.
Offline License Activation
- For an offline license, please email the MAC address of the computer your server will be running from as well as the activation ID you received from BioConnect to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to ask for an offline license.
- To find your MAC address, open command prompt and type getmac.
- Find the device your server will be using and find the physical address. In my case, it's the second last one, since that's the only device online.
- You will receive an email with a .bin file attached. Save the file somewhere on your computer.
- Click Offline Activation.
- Click "click here to browse for license file".
- Find your file and click open.
- Click Activate.
Expand Existing License
- You need to know the Activation ID and corresponding QUANTITY value that was updated in FlexNet (Bioconnect's licensing system).
- You need to know whether an ONLINE activation or OFFLINE is available on the server.
1. Launch the BioConnect Setup Assistant. This will automatically stop all BioConnect Services. Click on NEXT.
2. Click NEXT.
3. Click on Online Activation.
4. In the Online License Activation step, copy and paste the currently active Activation ID and the new QTY. In the example below, the quantity is being updated from 10 to 12 for illustrative purposes.
5. Click on ACTIVATE. You should see the quantity under the Existing BioConnect License get updated to the quantity that you entered. This could take up to 30 to 45 seconds to complete. When the quantity is updated, click on the NEXT button.
6. Once you have advanced to this screen you can click on the CANCEL button to quit the Setup Assistant. Now you must now restart the BioConnect Services.