In BioStar 2 you can import users in bulk with their basic user information such as user name, user ID, card ID and etc.
You can export the users in BioStar 2 as a CSV file and you can import them with a CSV file as well.
NOTE:CSV import does not allow you to import user fingerprint template.
Starting in BioStar 2.3, the CSV import feature was improved to have the following features:
1. Mapping of the columns.
2. Option to preserve or overwrite users with same user ID.
3. Error Output when import fails.
- Outputs the row that failed to import
1. Click on the USER menu.
2. Select a user or multiple users to export.
The best method to know the import format is to export a user first.
See the instructions above to export a user.
You can open a .csv file with any text editing tool or a program like Microsoft Excel.
The columns are separated with commas so it may be hard to read with a basic text editor.
However a program such as Microsoft Excel shows separate columns so it is easier to edit in such programs.
1. Export a user from BioStar 2 as shown in the instruction above.
2. Open the file with Windows Excel (or you can use any text editing tool).
3. To add new users, use the same format to add extra rows.
4. Remember to save the file format as a .csv file (separated with commas) and not a .txt or excel file.
8. Select your file in your local PC and click Next.
9. Check that the columns are set properly. The CSV Field name should match the User Data Field name if you used a csv format that was exported from BioStar 2.
10. Select an option for cases where the same ID exists in BioStar 2.
11. Click Next.