This article will be going over the steps you should take if your BioMini isn't working or showing up in BioConnect.
Before proceeding, make sure that any instances of BioConnect are closed and that your BioMini is plugged into your computer.
Checking Driver and Device
- You’ll need to make sure you’ve installed the BioMini driver. To check, open Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- You should find a program called Suprema_Fingerprint_Scanner_Driver. If you don’t, install the driver. Links to the Biomini driver can be found here. If you have installed the driver and it still isn’t working in Bioconnect, open Device Manager.
- Under Universal Serial Bus controllers, you should see "Suprema Fingerprint Scanner(Ver.02)" if you are using a BioMini, "Suprema BioMini Plus" if you are using a BioiMini Plus, or "Suprema BioMini Plus 2" if you are using a BioMini Plus 2. If don’t see your device here and you’ve ensured that your device is plugged into your computer, try:
- Rebooting your computer
- Plugging in your BioMini to a different USB port
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the BioConnect client
- If you see your device in this list, right click on it and go to Properties.
- If the device status says "This device is working properly", you should be able to use it in BioConnect. If this is the case, reopen BioConnect and test the device with an enrollment. If the device status displays that the device isn’t working properly, you’ll want to try reinstalling the driver.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Driver
- Unplug your BioMini from your computer.
- Open Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Select "Suprema_Fingerprint_Scanner_Driver" and click Uninstall.
- Select Yes.
- Select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" and click Finish. Your computer will restart.
- After you have rebooted your computer, download the most recent BioMini driver here.
- Once you have downloaded the driver, run it.
- Click Next.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Restart your computer again.
- Plug in your BioMini.
- Open Device Manager and open the Universal Serial Bus controllers dropdown.
- Your device should appear. Right click on it and go to Properties.
- The status should say “This device is working properly.” If the device didn’t show up or the status says it isn’t working correctly, try installing the driver on a different computer and connecting your BioMini. In Device Manager, if the device is having the same error, consider submitting an RMA here. If the device is working on the other computer, you are dealing with a computer specific issue, in which case you should contact your IT department. However, if the device is working properly here, you’ll want to test it in BioConnect with an enrollment.