This article will be going over the basic features of Deep Embed in Genetec Security Desk. For instructions on how to set up Deep Embed, please watch this video.
Accessing Deep Embed
- In Security Desk, go to Cardholder Management.
- Select a user and click Modify.
- Click on the BioConnect button.
- Here, you can view user information, enroll biometrics, select bypass cards, view enrolled biometrics, and see a log which lists your actions in this window.
- To enroll biometrics, you will first need to make sure that you have an online enrollment reader in BioConnect. To add an enrollment device, open the device management tab in BioConnect.
- To learn how to add devices to BioConnect, please read this article.
- Click on the plus next to the device you would like to enroll with.
- Select the box next to enrollment reader and click Save. The device will restart and go offline. It should come back online within around 30 seconds, and the box in the enrollment column will be green.
- In Security Desk, select your device in the dropdown menu.
- If it hasn't shown up, close and reopen the window.
- Select a quality in the dropdown menu. When enrolling, the device will reject any scans that have a quality score lower than the minimum selected.
- You can set it to 40 if needed based on the user experience, but selecting 80 is recommended.
- Select the finger that you will be enrolling.
- Click Enroll.
- Before enrolling, we highly recommend watching this video. Bad enrollments can result in high false rejection rates among other issues.
- If you are scanning with a BioMini, you will be able to see a picture of the fingerprint while it is being enrolled. If you are using a device, you will not see an image.
- The BioMini and Generation 1 devices capture 3 templates. Generation 2 devices capture 3 sets of 2 templates, so you will scan 6 times.
- When the scan is complete, click OK.
- In the Biometric Templates section, you can see enrolled biometrics.
- To delete a specific template, click the x in the corner of the template image and click OK.
- To re-enroll a finger, make sure the finger is selected in the dropdown menu and click Enroll again.
- To enroll another finger, select the finger in the dropdown menu and click Enroll.
Adding Bypass Cards
- In the Credential Management section, you can manage bypass cards.
- In order to use this section properly, there must have been an enrollment device active when you opened this tab.
- If there is an active credential in the Credential tab and the user is active, Has Valid Credential will display in the Credential Management section.
- To add a bypass card, select one in the dropdown menu.
- This will allow the user to use any of the selected cards without also scanning biometrics to authenticate on readers whose operation mode is Card + Biometric or Biometric Only.
- In BioConnect, in the Credentials tab of the user you set a bypass card for, any cards that you have set as bypass cards will have the Card Only box filled.